Well, I may not be a teenager, but it doesn’t mean I don’t love all books, movies and tv shows intended for the teenage (and ‘tween’ for that matter) set. Basically if it involves teen romance or is going to be shown on ABC Family, consider me in. So not a big stretch to believe that I might be quasi-obsessed with High School Musical 3 – Senior Year!!!
I really hadn’t been on the HSM band wagon until recently. I mean I saw the first one with my precious cousin. Cute. Liked it, but didn’t love it. But then came all the hype for HSM3 and I thought “why not?” So knowing how Disney is all about beating a dead horse right into the ground, I figured they would be showing HSM and HSM2 pretty much non-stop until the movie came out. And what do you know? I was right. So I tivo’d them both in preparation over the weekend. 2 definitely better than 1, so my hopes were high for 3. So come Monday I gotta see it. Can’t wait one more second! So, maybe I bolted out of work to catch the 7:10, maybe.
Basically it was 100 minutes of singing, dancing and teenage angst magic!! I was mesmerized! The over the top acting, garish costumes and schmaltzy love songs were pure joy. And I mean who doesn’t miss those days when your biggest problem was whether or not to go to the same college as your high school boy friend. (Of course I never had a high school boyfriend, so that is really more like a problem I wish I had).
Then there was Zac Efron aka Troy Bolton, the King of East High, and who doesn’t love that guy. He is just so darn cute even if his acting is cheesy and completely unbelievable. I mean really that is half the magic. How can he be so charming and yet completely ridiculous all in the same breath?
Anyway, the thing that blew me away was the number of references to other musicals. There was Chicago, Chorus Line, Grease. Don’t forget a little Saturday Night Fever, and did I detect a hint of Thriller? Yes, I think so. It added a little something for us not-so-teenagers!
And as the final credits played I realized one very important thing! I have to see it again! Thanks D for agreeing to go with me so I don’t have to go by myself again. Anyone else in?
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Elizabeth! I love it! Your post even kinda made me a little teeny bit interested in finding out what HSM3 is all about.:o) I think every other backpack I see at school has HSM all over it. Maybe if I see it I'll be able to hold my own in the HSM conversations in my second grade class.:o)
yeah - i have to agree. I am now a tiny bit interested in seeing it. Perhaps I will join you for viewing #2 and we can make it a double feature and I'll see The Duchess in the theatre for the third time! :)
Love the blog!
I have to say I think you will both love it. And my little cousin was soooooo impressed that I saw it.
Post a Comment